,

Manchester United winger Januzaj: I play to win trophies

Posted by Theniet e Futbollisteve On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 0 comments

As part of Chevrolet's 'What do you #PlayFor' campaign, a host of Old Trafford stars have revealed their motivation and inspiration to play football

Chevrolet launched their 'What do you #PlayFor' campaign at Sunday's Premier League match between Manchester United and Liverpool, with fans' social media responses being shared at ChevroletFC.com.

As part of the campaign a host of Manchester United players, including Adnan Januzaj, Javier Hernandez and Chris Smalling, have revealed their motivations behind playing football and what drove them to succeed as international stars at Old Trafford.

Meanwhile, former Old Trafford legends will be sent to train coaches and children in impoverished regions around the world this year.
England international Smalling states his "competitive streak" has guided his meteoric rise from non-league football to the Premier League champions in just three seasons, while starlet Januzaj says the quest for silverware is a major desire.
"I was young I wanted to play football, it was my dream," Januzaj said. "[My desire is] to win trophies."

Smalling, who has made 21 league appearances for David Moyes' side this season, believes that 'the beautiful game' can bring joy to millions of fans across the globe.

"That competitive streak's always been in me. [I play] to have fun," he said. "[The sport] brings everyone together and at the end of the day, football puts smiles on people's faces."

Mexico international Hernandez, meanwhile, does not see his football career as a typical profession - rather, he believes he is in a gifted role, and is making the most of his chance.

"I never say that football is my job - it's my dream, it's my passion. So I never say 'I get up to go to work' - no, I go to play football, he said.

"I play for love. To me, playing means everything."

Young United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone - currently on loan at Doncaster Rovers - plays for the pride of those closest to him, and says that football offers an escape.

"I hate losing, I don't want anyone to beat me," he said. "I love winning - you make your family proud. [I play for] freedom."

Danny Welbeck stated that he plays for "life"; Alexander Buttner for "togetherness", and Marouane Fellaini for "discipline."

Chevrolet and One World Futbol Project began their collaboration to launch the ongoing Power of Play initiative to children around the world in 2012 by donating and distributing 1.5 million nearly-indestructible futbols to organisations working in disadvantaged communities.

More than 800,000 Chevrolet-branded gold-coloured futbols have been delivered to nearly 40 countries to date, affecting the lives of 15 million children.

For more information on Chevrolet's 'What do you #PlayFor campaign?'

0 comments:

Post a Comment